Saturday, March 10, 2012

ThRiFtY NiFtiEs idea #3

        Vintage Windows are one of my favorite decorating pieces because they are so versatile. I found this one at Goodwill for 9.00. It had a hideous gold mirror attached to it when I bought it, but a hammer is handy for removing nails ;). This is hanging above my couch and I have tried to keep the decor on it simple and rustic. For Christmas we hang our stockings from the top because we don't have a traditional fireplace mantel. I get so many compliments on something so simple!
         If it does not come with a sill on the bottom, I would add one so it can be used for holding things. If you like the look without the sill, there are other ways to use these types of windows. You can print off your favorite family photos to the size of the individual windows. Then take the window and pics to a custom frame shop. They will put the photos in properly, but you will only be charged for the backing and hanging hardware, at the most, 10.00! It looks great too!!!

2 comments:

  1. cute idea! Im not sure this will be easy to find in Spain though... But if I do find one, I'm using it as a photo frame! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete