Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ThRiFtY NiFtiEs idea #1

Adding glass elements to a blank space in your home can add sparkle without it feeling "over the top" or holiday specific. This is one corner of my kitchen counters and this total look cost me about $30.00. The large glass jar in the back is from Goodwill (woo hoo- love awesome Goodwill finds). I filled it with wooden balls and clearanced, holiday cranberries. The middle, vintage-looking jar was actually filled with apple juice from Whole Foods. I washed it out and wrapped my favorite wallpaper border around the center and it is now our "vacation money" jug. The glass cheese dome I was fortunate enough to find at a flea market for $11.00. It gave my kitchen counters (which are very bland), the feminine, slightly rustic boost they needed to make me smile!

2 comments:

  1. Nice tip :)

    http://carabossesbakeshop.blogspot.com/2012/03/towering-flourless-chocolate-cake.html

    ReplyDelete