Saturday, March 10, 2012

From the Pages of My Journal...

9-24-2011

          We just received word that baby Elise has passed away. She's almost 2 years old and has undergone 2 heart transplants in the last 8 months. I have been weeping all night for her mother. I cannot imagine burying one of my precious, little girls. I just keep praying that God gives me wisdom, as far as, how to comfort this family. Sometimes, we struggle with the "why?" and geting answers, but I think God just wants us to trust Him. Romans 8:28 is still apart of God's Word and He is still our hope, joy, peace, and life. I got up out of bed hoping to get something from God's Word to comfort my own heart and the Lord gave me this,
 Luke 20:35, 36, and 38- But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world and that resurrection...Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. For He is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto Him.
Elise is equal unto the angels and is a child of God now. I am just praying that the Lord lets the family know that she is with Jesus now, which is far better (Philippians 1:23- For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ which is far better:). Maybe she will get to meet my mom?...:)

The name was changed of the baby to protect this family in our church.

No comments:

Post a Comment