Thursday, March 8, 2012

ThRiFtY NiFtiEs idea #2

CHURCH PEWS!!! I know this sounds funny but there are tons of churches out there who are storing old church pews in the basement or somewhere on the property, that are not needed anymore. The older the better! When we first came to our church, this was one of 2 pews that were going to be taken to the dump, but I asked if I could take it and they said, "sure!". I did not even paint it because I love the wood elements and white accents with my wall color. I made one pillow and had the other 2 to decorate the seat. I also invested in some baskets for storage underneath! I now have more seating AND more storage for $40.00. (that was the price of the throw pillows and baskets)

3 comments:

  1. I really love this idea! We could use some more seating and storage in our house.

    The one you have looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your church pew looks fabulous! Growing up we had 2 that were outside on our back porch. They weren't as classy as your, but still a cool item!

    ReplyDelete